Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Birthday

Happy birthday to the love of my life.
We started celebrating Kellen's birthday at 7:30 this morning because we have been wating in anticipation for the opening of his presents. I have been trying to get him to open them for a few days now and I was very excited. The boys and I made cards yesterday complete with cut out hearts and lots and lots of stickers, they actually gave them to Kellen yesterday, but this morning he was a trooper and when he got them again, he acted surprized. His birthday gifts include: Work socks, jeans, sweater, shirts, a basketball, frisbee, hat, and the long awaited IPOD!!! I have been saving for a new ipod since last May when I was in Salt Lake with all the Zollinger girls for a play. We went in to see Le Miserables and when we came out, my new, cute Oprah bag, Kellen's mom's geneology bag, and my make-up bag were missing. Kellen's ipod and car adapter were in my bag (along with a lot of pregnancy magazines and junk food) and we searched the University of Utah campus looking for the discarded bags. I was outraged and very upset but Kellen took it pretty well. I have been wating to give the new Ipod to him and when it came in the mail last week, I was very tempted to open it.
We had Kellen's favorite dinner of roast and potatoes and I made a yummy homemade chocolate cake with white frosting. The boys were very cute singing to him. We then had a treasure hunt for the boy's valentine's presents and had a great time together. I hope everyone had as nice of a day as we did.

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

I hope your treasure hunt didn't lead the boys to your next door neighbors in the snow :)
Happy Birthday KEllen

Holly said...

Sounds like a perfect Valentines/Birthday! You are a great mom and wife Calise!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Kellen! Sounds like you guys had a fun day! Was he excited about the socks??? Greg actually likes when I buy socks for him. WEIRD!