Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Did you know?

Valentine's day is a traditional holiday on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. The holiday is named after two among the numerous Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
Since the 19th century, handwritten notes have largely given way to mass-produced greeting cards. The mid-nineteenth century Valentine's Day trade was a harbinger of further commercialized holidays in the United States to follow. The U.S. Greeting Card Association estimates that approximately one billion valentines are sent each year worldwide, making the day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year behind Christmas. The association estimates that women purchase approximately 85 percent of all valentines
-Courtesy of Wikipedia.org-
I Just wanted to give everyone a little history lesson but most of the interesting things are too long to post so look it up- I dare you!
. Happy Valentine's Day! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLEN!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

1 comment:

SRSL said...

Yeah!! Happy Birthday Kellen!!! And you are a crazy baker- Calise!!! Jst thought we would drop by and Say many wishes on your birthday!!! Cody is being funny and says do you want a free c-----??? Off Juno??? I am sure youll get it!!! Hope you guys had fun this evening!!!