Friday, July 26, 2013

Brothers and Sisters

I have the world's best brothers and sisters. I am the youngest of 5. I was the surprise ending to my parent's family, coming after almost 5 years after my brother. My oldest brother was 15 when I was born and since my mom had to have an emergency Cesarian section while delivering me, and she was 41, and she got an infection from the hospital... my brothers and sisters started taking care of me early on, and they have never stopped.
Before we left for Michigan my oldest brother flew to see us. I am sad we didn't get to see his family (they visited Idaho a few weeks later) but it was so fun to see all of my siblings.
 One of my favorite things is to sit as siblings and talk about our childhood, make fun of each other (in a nice way) and laugh. I am sure the in-laws don't appreciate our inside jokes, but I sure love being around them and talking. Our family is not big on going and doing, being adventurous, or even planning activities to do. We are content to sit at my moms, talk, eat, and do nothing (this is another thing that drives the in-laws crazy). Maybe this stems from not having a lot of money while growing up. I don't ever remember going on vacations, or even going and doing things, we just had to learn to get along with each other.
We Jones kids can't make decisions either... we just aim to please others and we don't want to rock the boat (I can't believe the in-laws put up with us). You should see us try to pick a place to go to dinner! It would take us all day to decide, and when we do someone is always unhappy about it! :)
 But the one thing we do great and Jones is love each other and no matter what, we have each others backs, we support each other and have fun together.


 My sisters. Every girl needs a sister and I am lucky enough to have 2 great sisters. They are my best friends. They have always taken care of me, loved me when I thought I was unlovable, and they have been such great examples to me on how to be a mother. I am so blessed!
 My brothers have always compared heights, I think it was always a goal for Jake to be taller than Greg! These brothers are the ideal brothers. They have protected me, taken care of me, and loved me. To this day they still protect me. I am a lucky girl to have these guys as brothers!
 I just wish that I wasn't the fat sister, my sisters are so beautiful! And my sweet mom, what an amazing legacy I have to live up to with them!
This is my big brother Greg pushing my niece, and Ellie on the swings. What a great uncle! :)\
I love my brothers and sisters! What is your favorite memory of your siblings?


No comments: