Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New York- part 2



Finally- here are pictures! A whole 47 of them!
I forgot to mention a few things, like taking the Staten Island Ferry to the island and eating at a great little bistro. It was delicious, and also finding a Triple A baseball stadium while on Staten Island called the Staten Island Yankees. SO FUN!
Also, on the way home we were stuck on the runway of JFK airport for an hour. I am not sure why, but we got movies for free! I watched 3 of them during the flight. When we took of, I counted all the planes behind us and there were 35! As a result we arrived in Salt Lake at the time of our connecting flight only to be told it was rescheduled for 2 hours later! We were both so tired, so Kellen took a nap on the floor- GROSS!
It was a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to go back someday! Although next time I will stay in Manhattan, not New Jersey, it is too far away even though it is a lot cheaper!!

10 comments:

SRSL said...

Im so jealous!! It looks like you had a awesome time!!! Im so glad that you got to get away and doing something for you and Kellen!!! How fun is that!!!

Keri said...

It looks like you two had a blast! I too have never left my kids so I feel your pain, but after looking at your pictures I'm thinkin it might be time. :) I'm so glad you made it home safe and were able to have such a great vacation.

Jessica said...

That sounds & looks like a blast! It's so nice to go on trips alone. I think it should be an annual event for all of us married couples!

Rach said...

Sounds like so much fun! We're jealous!

Judy said...

How fun!!! i love New york. There is an elecricity there. I love your pics. I'll bet the weather was perfect! Good for you! The clip on school bully's is good. I am just so grateful for you and your frindship with Cole in elementary school. She would have never made it without you!

Unknown said...

Hi Calise!
I do remember you, and I have actually looked at your blog before but never said anything in case you didn't remember who I was! But I remember you being friends with Aaron in high school. Your trip to NY looked so fun! I love going there, it is always a blast. Thanks so much for the congrats on my engagement! I'm so excited, I still can't believe I'm getting married.
Thanks so much for saying hi! It will be fun to watch your little family grow!

Kate Call said...

i have been check'n to see pictures because i'm so jealous you went to NYC!!! sounds and looks like you had a blast.. and thats not a surprise.. hard not to there, right?!! i'm sure it was such a great little VACAY for you and your hubby! so fun!

shells said...

Don't you just love LOVE love New York?? If it weren't so expensive, I NEVER would have left.

How are you feeling?

Hilarie said...

So Calise...WHERE ARE YOU?!? You haven't posted in forever!

Chelsea said...

Calise! I found your blog through Jessica's... you have such a cute family, and three kids?! Wow! It looks like you guys are doing great, and I'm so glad that you had a fun time in N.Y.!

-Chelsea (Smith) Murphy