Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Well, I am 25. Did anyone feel any differently when they turned old? I was thinking about doing something crazy- like renting a convertable since I am now "legal" to rent one, or buying something for myself at the 3 different Walmarts I went to yesterday- but I just couldn't do it. Well, I guess I bought some Hot Tamales and a chocolate milk while I was waiting in line for the 5th time (more on that later).
It was a wonderful day anyway! My parents suprised me on Saturday by showing up! They brought my niece Taylor along and we had the best time being together! The kids played from sun up to sun down! They rode bikes, and played outside and didn't even mess up the house! Sunday was great to have time together and for my mom to make me Apple Juice Chicken-I promise to post the recipe soon! It was so fun to have my parents celebrate my birthday with me yesterday! I asked my daddy to make me his famous french toast with real maple syrup for breakfast, and then he finished painting the house (he is a really great painter, and a great dad to paint for us).
I spent the day at different Walmarts trying to find the right size cowboy boots for my nephew and my kids. Also I was searching for the right paint color so we could paint our dinning room wall. No luck on the paint, but we finally did find enough pairs of boots!
When Kellen got home, he took us all out to Wingers for dinner. Actually Dad paid- to THANKS DAD!!! They opened a new one here just for my birthday! :) Then, (after one more trip to Wally-world in Meridian while my parents took the kids to the park) we had a delicious ice cream cake (my favorite) Kellen ordered a pink cake with daisys and got this:

At least it was cute! But after eating it we looked like this:You can't see it very well, but we all have blue tongues!!
The boys gave me a gift card to J.C. Penny to buy some new clothes (I have lost 5 lbs-and I am working on more :) Kellen gave me a bench for outside on our front porch, and my parents gave me a book, clothes, and the movie "My Turn On Earth" it was my favorite "churchy" movie when I was little. My sister Carleen sent me another book (I LOVE books) and my sister Cathie sent some O Henry Bars (recipe later also) and Space Bags- have you ever seen those commercials? I hope they really work since I have so much stuff!!

I have the best family, and I am so thankful to have had the best 25 years with them! Thank you for all the phone calls, love and birthday wishes!


And another birthday wish goes out to Jakey- my nephew. He just missed being born on my birthday by 5 min!! We love you Jake!

11 comments:

The Hammers said...

Happy Birthday! I cried like a baby when I turned 25. That was like, old to me. Now, my hubby is going to turn 30 this year, so we should get out our walkers and sit in our rocking chairs, because we are ancient now. I hope you had a great day. You are such a cutie.

Hilarie said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!! I was thinking that it was yesterday!! I felt kinda old turning 25 too, I just have to keep telling myself at least I'm still a long ways from 30!!

Marisa said...

Calise,
Happy Birthday!!! What a fun birthday weekend! Ok, you can't be old because then I'm seriously old!!

What?!?! Wingers is open?? Whoop!

Love the "pink" cake!

SRSL said...

Oh Happy Birthay!! I will have to take you out and celebrate!! You were busy, but that is great that the parents came!! Amyways, Call me soon and we will go celebrate at Artic Circle!!!

Keri said...

Happy Birthday! I'm about to reach the big 2-5 myself but I dont think its the number that makes me feel old. Its having the 3 kids by that number. :) Im glad u had a great day, what an awesome family you have!

amber schmidt said...

Happy Birthday! I'm 25 this month too! Crazy! If you need to go to another walmart I'm right by the one in garden city... I'll have to go check out the boots... so cute!

Ann-Michelle said...

i know EXACTLY how you feel- my birthday almost made me cry. well- maybe not that bad, but i did feel different! you are so cute! happy birthday

Letti said...

Happy Birthday Calise!

Andrea said...

ok so what is your address? I will send you a catalog. We still have creme to powder foundation but they have other stuff too so let me know!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Calise!! I think 25 is a going to be a great year for us! haha! :) Hope you had a great day!

Michelle Hepworth said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday! It sounds like you had lots of fun. I am turning 25 soon and I can't wait all for one reason - car insurance to go down. When Lincoln turned 25 I could'nt beleive this price difference. So that is the first thing i am going to do on my birthday is call the insurance agent.
I remember when you guys met at Melaleuca!! That was awesome! Congrats on so many years! At least I was there for the first little bit!
Oh I was wondering how you did the -I lost my train of tought - it is the thing where your list of names will be highlighted or whatever when they have updated their blogs. I hope you know what I am talking about cause I don't! Michelle