Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Paint, Paint Everywhere





This weekend was sure a nice break from the everyday life. I love long weekends, it just seems like we can get so much done! Friday night our workers showed up. Grandma and Grandpa Monson (Kellen's maternal grandparents), Kellen's parents and little sister Jenna, and Morgan (Kellen's brother) came up from BYU. It is so fun to have company visit since it doesn't happen often. We got started about 7:30 on Saturday setting up the scaffolding (I just realized I don't know how to spell that :) Then off to The Home Depot to rent 2 extention ladders. It was a day of painting, eating, standing on the roof, climing up the ladders and scaffolding, trying to keep the boys out of the paint and off the ladders, and me trying to keep Mady's hand out of my paint! I am very grateful for our family to help us! I don't like ladders, so it was nice to send everyone else on the roof and I stayed on the lovely ground. We worked hard, and then had to send the everyone but Morgan home that night (Kellen's dad is a bishop at BYU-I and had to get back). Sunday sure was a day of rest, and yesterday was also. Morgan stayed and played with us for the rest of the weekend, and I am sure he was a little bored. My boys love to show him every toy they have, and he is a great sport about playing with them, especially playing chess with Patrick! I tried to set him up with a girl that came to church with her sister, but it turned out that she was just graduating from High School- just a little too young :)! We were sad to see him go but we did get to play a mean game of Settlers and frisbee before he left!

This was my first year not going to the cemetary with my family. Every year my brothers and sisters along with my parents go to the Ucon Cemetary and clean off our loved ones gravestones and listen as my mom tells us the same stories which I used to hate but now I treasure. I never knew my maternal grandparents so I love to hear stories about them. I hope that we are remembering those who have passed not just on Memorial day, but everyday! I am so thankful for those who have gone before me, and for their legacy and what they have taught me. I like to think that naming our children after some of these ansestors that their legacy can live on! I hope everyone had a wonderful day off! Thank you once again Grandma and Grandpa, Mom and Dad Z, Jenna, and Morgan for all your help and for climbing on my roof!! We love you!! p.s. I can't get slide to work properly, so bear with the many pictures. The one of the house is the before, but there is not an after yet- but there will be!

7 comments:

SRSL said...

You sure had a house full!! How did that arrangement go for the night they were there??? At least you can mark that off your list and you Got it DONE!!! YEAH!!! Give me a call soon!! Lets get together!!

Anonymous said...

What a big job that had to have been with such a big house. It is so cute, looks just like a Calise house. I bet the inside is just as cute. Send me some pictures. I want the grand tour. Love ya

Hilarie said...

Calise! What a cute house you have! It's so great that you had family to come help you with such a big job!!

Holly said...

Wow, that's a huge undertaking! Your house is so cute! What would we do w/out family?!

The Hammers said...

Cute house! I love it. I want pics of the inside as well.

Michelle Hepworth said...

Your house is so pretty! i bet you love it! It looks lovely. And it is nice to have family around to help out!

MommyJo said...

Hey Calise!! Remember me? this is Heidi Munns... Whiteley now. i came across your blog! it is fun to see pictures of you and your family! If you want access to mine email me your email address and i will add you. it would be fun to keep in touch with other friends from school.
heidijo@doveman.com