Saturday, February 9, 2008

Alarming

We finally found someone with a truck in our ward to help us tow the Camry to the dealership to get fixed. Before Kellen left for Atlanta we tried to change the battery but when we put the new one in, the alarm went off and wouldn't let us start the car. I have been vanless this week and I am really ready to have my van back. When Kellen took the car in, they told him it would be $85 just to look at it and maybe more than that if something is really wrong. Does it bother anyone else that just to open the hood costs more than I pay for groceries in a week? The service guys were really concerned that they would have to disarm the whole alarm system and they didn't know how long it would take. So I just got a call from Toyota and they want us to take out the alarm for $200 more dollars but the car will drive just fine if we leave it in. I think we are in the wrong business- when I asked how long it would take to take the alarm out, 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!! I think we will just drive with it not hooked up! Oh, and on another tangent- the battery that they sold us at AutoZone when we tried to fix it ourselves wasn't even the right size, it will start the car but it won't drive-CRAZY!!!!

1 comment:

Bartons said...

why don't you take some auto classes and become the family car fixer? We hate car people. Especially the guy we bought the avalanche from. He was at Smiths chevrolet and would sent us christmas cards to come and buy another car, but then we got this card from him that said he had moved to twin falls and was working for some toyota place there and would love our business, We couldn't believe it, it was like the office episode where dwight pulls out his Staples references that he stole. Crazy people