Tuesday, March 25, 2014

47 years

Yesterday was my parent's anniversary.
Last week I was listening in to a phone call with my mom and the Social security office. They first asked all kinds of questions about my mom and her information, then it was about my dad's info. They asked what day they were married, she told him, then he said "And that marriage ended on Feb. 4th, 2014, the day he died?" My mom smiled, I cried, and smiled, then she said yes; but we all know that is not true.
My parents are sealed forever. FOREVER, FOR-EV-ER. You hear that? Forever. This is why it is easier to go on, because I know that my mom will be with her sweetheart forever. He is paving the way for her to meet him (hopefully not for at least 30 years).
After that I didn't really listen to the phone call (well, until my niece started crying and I called in the cavalry to save my mom).
This post is short, but I just wanted all of you who read (you know, all 6 of you) that I know that true happiness comes from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am going to be changing the way I live, making my life better and more focused on Christ so that my mansion can be next to my Parents'. I know that I have the strongest angel up there working hard and pulling for my family to make it through the trials in this life.
Life is getting easier. Especially when life-long friends send care packages to brighten my day (Thank you Kelie and Hilarie).
This is my beautiful mom with flowers that my brother sent: in her wedding colors.
So Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! You sure have given us kids a lot to look up to and such a great example for us to follow!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Amazing post. So grateful for eternal families!!!!

Camille English said...

Your mom looks so good! I am glad to have the same eternal perspective. Thanks for posting Calise.