I have five children, and some days life is tough. I feel ungrateful a lot because I have been having a hard time with getting all my work done for my 5 classes, spending enough time with the kids, fulfilling my calling, keeping the house clean, making delicious food...... the list goes on. But I have these five beautiful children that I get to borrow while on earth from my Father in Heaven. I get to be their mom. This comes with challenges though....
Let me tell you a secret:
I don't make homemade wheat bread
I let my kids eat processed snacks
We have cold cereal for dinner sometimes
I haven't vacuumed my floor for 5 days, or swept either!
And guess what, my kids are fine.
I admit that I have ignored my kids this week while I have done my school work. Not very much, but Ellie has watched Disney Junior all week, and I am ok with it. I am going to scale back my classes next semester so it will get better but for now I am just trying to survive.
So, what suggestions do you have for me? I feel like I am just treading water until I finally sink. I feel like a breakdown is coming and I don't know how to prepare for it. I don't have the energy to clean my house but I can't stand living in a mess. I don't have the time to create learning crafts and all sorts of toddler toys because I have 2 midterms to take by tomorrow (Saturday) at midnight, plus write a paper on Pakistan and do a worksheet on it also with essays also in Math I have a meeting in a half hour that I am in charge of online, then I get to do a write up on it, a free write in Money Management. This doesn't include all that I have already done this week already....
And to top it all off I am trying to be a nice wife by letting my husband go to the Wisconsin vs. BYU football game tomorrow. Did I mention it is a 4 hour drive, then a 4 hour game, then another 4 hour drive to get back home?
I am sinking.... Any advice on what to do?
Not a very uplifting post, sorry for that.
Catch-Up Photo Dump. My Babies Are So Big.
6 years ago
5 comments:
I feel you Calise. In fact, my blog post a couple days ago was a lot like this. My only advice for you is to admit to yourself that You Are Enough! You are doing SO much right, and the rest will just have to wait.
I lso know how you feel! I am only taking 11 credits but I was in class and clinical for 20 hours this week plus I had a stomach bug. The only thing I can recommend is to get a babysitter tomorrow, do your exams first and go from there. Crying is okay, and it will come like it did for me this week!
Hang in there. These really are the best years of your life. My mother in law always said to me..."your house will wait dear" She was right. And it really doesn't matter.
Thank you for your kind and loving words. Things did get a little better when I finished my exams. My oldest took care of the babies for me, I really have great kids!
Aww Calise! I wish you were here still so we could talk together. I have been so overwhelmed and feel like I'm still recovering from not having a husband all summer. I had a breakdown. Majorly. The best thing I did was fill my spare time (haha spare time) with conference talks. I listened to them and read them. And prayed my heart out. I felt alone and stretched too thin. And sometimes still do. I am still on the road and can't look at it and laugh and say lesson learned yet, but I feel better. Miss you and your family.
Post a Comment