We love visitors. I know we haven't been in our new home long, but it is pretty lonely being in a place all by ourselves, with no car during the day so we have no where to go. We live in an older neighborhood so the only children we have seen are visiting their grandparents. It gets old...
So we have been anxiously awaiting our visitors. We explored the outlets, played the candy bar game, ate Pizza on the beach (ish), read books, listened to Greg play Hymns on the piano, talked, played games, and watched Sherlock. I'm sure they were bored, but we loved having them here!
Let me tell you about them:
Goyito (little Greg) is one of the best uncles that my children could ever want. He was young enough when my boys were born that he wanted to be around them, and he has always played with them. When he returned from his mission to Spain he brought the boys letter openers that are shaped like swords. Awesome for the boys, (but they won't get to use them until they are older). He always has time to help the boys with building their Lego sets, and my boys look up to him so much. We were blessed to live across the street from Greg while in Provo and I have to say that I know my husband feels Greg is one of his best friends, and we all love him!
Heather is one amazing woman. I am truly humbled by how amazing she is. She has gone through so much in the past few years (you can read a little about it here). She is so helpful when she is in our home (she always wipes down my table after eating, and helps with the dishes). I know that she has my children's best interest at heart and is always so willing to take the time to read books to them and play with them.
She radiates goodness. Heather is also very smart and at times I am very intimidated by her knowledge (She got her degree in English) but she is sure my favorite person to ask what books to read next!
Anyway, we love Greg and Heather and were so excited for them to visit on their way home from Florida!
It was very sad when they left. We are not sure when we will see them again, and it is really hard. We love you Greg and Heather!!!! Are you coming back yet?
Catch-Up Photo Dump. My Babies Are So Big.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment