Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time flies...

This is where we have been:

Mount Vernon (George Washington's House)
Gettysburg
Kellen and I were able to spend time with his parents in Washington D.C. for 5 days. It was great to be together, and see the sights. His parents go every year because his dad is in charge of the High School Scholastic Tournament that is run by the INL for the State of Idaho. The Nationals are in D.C. and he goes to help out with the PR.
It was a wonderful trip, fun filled days of driving, sight seeing, and shopping! We were excited to get back, but we got stuck in Atlanta for hours, resulting in us staying overnight in Salt Lake and getting home the next day!
The Washington D.C. area is beautiful, I love the trees and all the green. It almost makes me want to live there (Kellen wants to go to school back in Virginia).
I love all the history, and even though I have been there before, it was so great to see all the museums and the archives. This was my first time seeing the Declaration of Independence. I was in awe of the writing, and the great integrity of the men who signed it. Isn't our country amazing? :)
I was a little sad to get home to the daily life, but I missed my kids terribly!

3 comments:

C.B. said...

wow so cool I want to go there sometime!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

You two do so much together, I love it. I hope that you had a great Mothers Day, and I know your Mothers did with those cute flower pots. I will have to use that idea for next year!

Kari Clark said...

What a fun trip - I can't wait to go back to DC again sometime. Sounds like you guys had a blast.