Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life

Well, it has been a few weeks of craziness. I have been trying to keep up with 3 kids, work, housework, church callings, and trying to make some very important decisions about our future.
I now feel the need to tell you that I haven' t been handling it very well. But as I read my friend Holly's post about how she picks a word to help inspire her every year, I finally have found the perfect word for me. I tried a few like, LIVE, SERVE, LOVE, and a few others, but nothing felt right until I read a sign that I have had in my house a million times, a sign that I have sitting around waiting for the perfect spot to hang it. This sign says: SIMPLIFY.
Now is the time to divulge some very personal information, there are a few who already know this about me, but for the rest of you here goes-
My name is Calise and I am a
PACK RAT and I WORRY about everything, AND I get STRESSED easily.

This year, I am going to be better. I will be clutter free, I will spend more time playing with my children and not worry about the house. I will read my scriptures everyday, I will be better with our finances, I will be a better mom and make healthier choices for myself and my kids, and I will make a conscious effort to be happy- every day!
I know, it sounds like a lot- right?
To get me started off right, with the financial part, I am in the process of reading Suze Orman's book that is FREE to download right now here.
I encourage you all to make some goals for yourself, and live a better life this year! :)

P.S., I am still working to get pictures from my camera to my computer- hopefully I can share Christmas pictures SOON!!!!

6 comments:

Dell Miller, Owner said...

hey, as an old women just remember you can only eat an elephant one bit at a time, you still might get heartburn, but take a rolaid (breather) congradulate yourself for what you do accomplish and dont fuss over what ya mess up on.
That is the best thing the Lord has done for us. He just says try again and sends a hug.
Good Luck. smiller

Holly said...

Those are great goals! ONes I think most people could def. give a little more attention too!Do you like the book?? I saw that Oprah, and I need to go download it so thanks for the reminder! :)

C.B. said...

I hear ya on the worrying about everything and being a stressed all the time. Those are some awesome goals!

The Hammers said...

Good for you, kiddo. Just remember what we are here for, not for the craziness. The scriptures will pull it all together for you. Keep the Lord close and you'll be fine. Love ya!

Judy said...

Hey! Perfect word for everyone. It is a crazy life isn't it. Enjoy your kids.....they grow up so fast.

Jerai Moulton said...

What an awesome new year's resolution to simplify! I think we could all use a little of that in our lives!