Friday, August 22, 2008

School Days

Well, Patrick started school on his 5th birthday! He absolutely LOVED it. I brought cookies for the class to share, he wore the birthday sombrero, and everyone sang. I did take pictures with our old and broken camera, but I can't find the cord, SO no pictures yet. We were busy the entire 3 hours so Reed didn't have a chance to miss his brother but the past 2 days have been hard. It doesn't help that Mady can't play with him, so he is starting to act naughty for attention. Patrick also comes home and starts immediately teasing his brother. I think we might need to go to bed earlier :) I will post more about Pat's birthday when I find the camera cord but we had a great day! We have been getting ready for his first friend birthday pirate party which is tomorrow so I haven't had a lot of time to post or find the cord- next week, I promise! :)

Today, as we were on our way back from the store, I heard Pat telling Reed about a hand project at school. They read a book about an animal that was scared at school so his mom kissed a paper hand and sent it so when the raccoon was scared or missed home he could rub the hand to his face and feel better. So the teacher sent home a traced hand and we are supposed to write something on it and decorate it so the kids can not feel so sad. I heard this conversation:
Pat: "Reed, when I grow up and go on a mission, you can make one of these for me and I so I won't miss you as much"
Reed: "Where are you going to go on a mission Pat-tick?"
Patrick: "Ummm, Chinese"
Reed: "Why Chinese?"
Pat: "Because then I can teach them the gospel, and about Jesus, then they can teach me how to fight"
Reed: "Oh, ok, then will you send me a hand too on my mission?"
Pat: "Yup, maybe we should send one to Uncle Greg"

Uncle Greg is Kellen's brother and is in Madrid right now. The boys are really starting to miss him a lot, and Patrick has asked if he is ever coming home. He prays for him every prayer!
And about the fighting from the Chinese, he watched Mulan yesterday- he really wants to learn how to fight :) Kids say the funniest things!

As I was checking bloglines today, there was a contest announcement on this great blog, check it out!
Have a great day, and I promise to get some pictures on here soon!

2 comments:

Bartons said...

good luck with school pat! I can't believe you are in kindergarten. And good luck with the chinese fighting. Maybe you need to convince your mom to send you to a different school.

Jessica said...

Cute kids! I love to hear funny things they say!