Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pirate Party

For Patrick's birthday we had a pirate party, complete with a pirate ship cake. Although by the time we cut into it, it looked more like a sinking ship! We had a pin the tail on the donkey (Pat snuck it into the cart while shopping, he wanted it that badly!) Pirate eye patches and earings for every guest, yummy pizza, and a treasure hunt to find the pinata. Everyone had a turn beating the pirate(some with swords) and when the string broke, Kellen threw it up in the air a few times to break it asking the kids if they had ever seen a pirate fly. The door had and "X" on it to mark the spot for the party, when I put it on the door the boys knew what it was!
I think the kids had a great time, they were all very well behaved and we would love to have them back again. Reed wants to invite the same kids for his party! Kellen and I have decided there is NO WAY we are doing a friends party every year- it is a lot of work but this party was way worth it! I love making and decorating cakes so I love birthday parties!! :)

6 comments:

Holly said...

That is a WAY cute boy party! I'll have to remember that... I bet you are excited to have the kids back in school too! :)

Judy said...

Fun party. So creative. I'll bet the kids had a blast.

amber schmidt said...

Looks like a fun party. You win mom of the year!

Unknown said...

amazing! That is so much fun, i'll have to do a theme like that some day.

Maxfield Family said...

What a fun party. I bet all the kids loved it. Good Job on the cake. It turned out really cute.

Marisa said...

I'm glad I got to see pictures...Thanks for inviting Audrey. She had a GREAT time!!