My mother-in-law and her sisters are amazing! Every year we have a Garden Party for all the girls. Each party has a theme, and they go ALL OUT! They are in the process of getting a book made (Yes, a book, that is how great these parties are!)
They pick the theme a year in advance and start collecting items during that year. They cook, sew, bake, and craft all day long (with help from us- of course), we always start late but it is totally worth the wait. The food is DELICIOUS, the decorations are beautiful, but the company is the best part. As an In-Law who married into this madness, it is pretty overwhelming and I usually get the jobs that don't require much skill (like this year, I picked peas :)) But the girls love it, and to be honest so do I. I will have to dig up some past year's parties to show you how beautiful they are! But the party is not complete without our "Words of Wisdom" or our "Inspirational thought". This year, since it was a Peter Rabbit theme, we read the book and then talked about how we should obey so we can have blackberries for dinner (translation, do what is right, obey so we can have the Holy Ghost, and we can recieve blessings) And we also recieve our charms. Grandma Monson bought all the girls charm bracelets so we all have a charm representing the theme.
This year was so fun to have a girl! She loved the treats and looked so adorable! We can't wait until next year! :)
11 comments:
Looks like a pretty awesome party! I think that would be a fun tradition.
That is so fun. ?Mady looks so cute in her little pik dress.
Calise thanks for all of the sweet comments you always give me, and all of the support you have shown! I love that you guys have garden parties! We do the same thing in our family and I love it!
That looks so cool! What a fun idea!
This looks like a lot of fun.... Sorry we couldnt make it to the party... Cody's car broke down last week and so we were at my parents working on that all day..... and still didnt get it done.... Ugh!!! Anyways I hope that it was fun and Pat had a good time... We owe him a gift still though!!!! Call me and lets get together soon!!!
Wow, that is really creative and so fun. It looks super neat!
How fun is that?! I'm going to have to steal that idea!! :)
how fun is this idea!! i love it so much! sounds like you guys had so much fun, this would be such a fun tradition to start!
thanks for your sweet comments, your so cute
This is such a good idea to do with my girls. I love to read about all of your fun ideas!
How fun! I think there are alot of us that would like to be adopted into that family for the day. What cute crafts. Thats great that you get to do fun things with your in-laws. Melissa
That is so cute!! and such a fun idea!
How is your family? Thanks for the props on the pics. We have fun doing them every year.
What have you guys been up to?
Post a Comment