Friday, August 29, 2008

6 years and 100 posts!... (giveaway also!!)

GIVEAWAY NOTICE:
I am so sorry, but it has been a crazy, busy weekend and week. The giveaway drawing has been postponed until tomorrow- Thursday Sept. 4th. We have been cleaning out the garage, building shelves in the garage, preparing my preschool lesson for tomorrow, and CANNING PEACHES! Please forgive the inconvience :) See you tomorrow!! (Hopefully!)





Warning: This is an anniversary post so it is pretty mushy. If you are faint hearted, you may choose to just look at the pictures :)

Wow, I can't believe it has been 6 years! I never knew I could be so happy! I married my best friend, and we have had so many blessings given to us in these past years. I am so thankful for our knowledge that we can be together forever.
We said we were not going to get each other anything, but we never listen. I made him a card album for his desk at work, and gave him a BSU shirt because I shrunk his last one so it now fits me. He came home for lunch (after telling me he wasn't going to be home because of a meeting). He walked in just about the time we were married and brought me roses and daisies!! :) My favorite. Then he brought in the mail that had Reba McEntire concert tickets- she has always been my favorite singer. What a fun day. Tonight we are going to dinner because some friends offered to babysit- THANKS AMBER!! I am so lucky to be married to the love of my life!

And because this is my 100th Post, I am going to join the giveaway gang and give something fun away! So, if you are just blog stalking, or if you have been catching up on our lives for awhile- EVERYONE- leave me a little comment and you will be entered. I should warn you that my last winner (Casie) still has not recieved her giveaway prize, it is sitting here, all packaged with the address on it- I have even been in I.F. to give it to her personally, but alas, here is sits- I PROMISE to send it!!
If you want more than one entry, there are a few ways to do that:
1- Be a fist time commenter. I know there are a few people who check up on us, who don't say hi (because you have told me). SO break out of silence and say hello!
2- Since this is an anniversary post: Kiss and hug your significant other- if you don't have one, then hug your mom and tell her you love her, still no luck, then PROMISE me you will hug a family member or friend in the next day!
3- Take a bubble bath. I know, random, but I feel like every woman needs a nice time out once in a while.
4- Return the favor- do something for someone in your life -anyone- who you haven't appreciated in a while such as a neighbor who watched your house for 2 weeks while you were away and I, I mean you haven't given them their cookies or their thank you card, and we have been home for 2 weeks :). Or maybe your mom who has frozen corn and canned fruit for you the past 25 years and you eat it every time thinking "I should really do more than just thank her". Or your dad who has grown the 1/2 acre garden for the past 30+ years and has given you more than you can handle of fresh produce. you know, things like that :)

I think I will do the drawing on Wednesday the 3rd of September, so Good luck, and Happy Anniversary to my best friend, Kellen I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS :)

19 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! It's so great to be married huh? Beats the single life hands down! Congrats on 6 years and have fun at your concert!!

Chelsi said...

6 years! Crazy how time flies. I'm for sure a stalker and don't comment enough. Congrats!

Keri said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the flowers, they are pretty. I hope you two enjoy your night together and congrats on 6 years!

C.B. said...

Congrats Calise...what cute wedding pictures! Have fun at the Reba concert....my aunt would be jealous Reba is her favorite too!

SRSL said...

Austin and Bryce are so excited to see the kids so we are happy to watch the kids!!! Hope that you guys have a good time and Happy Anniversary..... I can wait to see you either it has been forever!!! AND----- I better win!!! LOL!!! See you soon

Hilarie said...

Happy Anniversary! What cute wedding pictures, it's fun looking back on everyone's wedding photos! Have a great weekend!

Holly said...

Well Happy ANNIVERSARY!! Love the tips... I just hugged my sweet Brooklyn, and I think I'll take a bubble bath tonight... haha! :) You are too cute!!

Taffi said...

happy anniversary Calise! oh, and hi. :-) this must be a great weekend for weddings - tomorrow is my 12th, and we were married on my grandparent's anniversary. I kissed & hugged my hubby before he left for a trip this morning... and I'm going to go take a bubble bath this afternoon, since sweet hubby took the kids with him! yay!

Ann-Michelle said...

yeah for 6 years! i tell todd that kellin sets a good example for husbands- you must agree! (todd is still avoiding the bike for mother's day conversation!!) i had been taking a blogging break- but i am breaking back into commenting!! i love your layout!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! 6 years, 3 kids, now what??--well I guess this just meens you are getting old too. At least I'm not the only one.

shells said...

CONGRATULATIONS ZOLLINGERS!

I cannot BELIEVE you guys have been married for 6 years .. and three kids later and I am so happy to say I know both of you!!

Congratulations again!

Judy said...

Congrats! That is so amazing. You guys are so cute and I love your cute little family!

Michelle said...

I cannot believe that it has been 6 years already. CONGRATS! As far as your cute giveaway...This is not first post I have commented on,I love to read your happenings! I don't have a tub, so I would love to take a bubble bath, but then I would have to go to a strangers house and that wouldn't be very relaxing...I will for sure tell me honey of my love (and tell my mom thanks and that I love her), it is so funny that you mention the fresh produce today as I write this I am pressure cooking green beans that my mom and dad helped pick and grow so I can enjoy them all year long! Thanks for the little reminder! I am going to tell them right now!

Andrea said...

wow that is amazing! I am coming up on 5 years and it just blows me away! Happy day for the two of you and we need to get together when you come down next!!

Bartons said...

I have to say that you have changed a bit since those wedding pictures 6 years ago. :)
All good though

The Hammers said...

Okay, I'm in, again! What's the deal? I have been waiting and waiting...okay, I forgot totally about my giveaway prize. I just want to go to lunch when you're home, and you can't even find time for that!?! J/K! I know how busy you are. Happy Anniversary too!

Dell Miller, Owner said...

wow 6 years, I keep thinking your coming over to do your hair for a dance at school.
You have a cute family and give great advice. Dell and I have been married 35 years this year and have been with each other 38. Once we met we never missed a day of telling each other we love the other one. Even days that I am mad at him.

tell your dad I have always loved his garden and mine is so sick. I hope it freezes so I can cut the misery of hoping something will happen. my pumpkins that sould be giant size are about the siZe of a pin pong ball. oh well, next year.

Have a Happy Anniversary and I hope you make it 35, its well worth the work.
love ya sally

Stir the Pot said...

Have I ever left a comment? I'm jealous about the Reba tickets, that would be so fun. Sounds like you had a great anniversary. How did Pat like his new teacher today?

Talk later, Carleen

Cassi said...

Hi Calise! Happy Anniversary and how fun that you're doing a giveaway on your blog! You don't need to enter me in the contest since I was just hopping over to ask if you saw that you're up for the tricks of the trade q. on the mommy blog? I thought I'd give ya a heads up in case you didn't!! You have some really beautiful wedding pics though so it was a good time to hop over! :)
Thanks!!
Cassi (from Mommy Diaries)