Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a week!

We are finally home. We have been vacationing this past week, and what a fun time we have had! First, we went home for the 4th of July. I love to be in Idaho Falls for the parade and fireworks, plus all the yummy bbq's. My dad always goes early to the parade to get us a place for all of our family. We always go to the same spot, and this year, we were spoiled to have soft, cushy seats. It is a long story of how we know the person that lives in the house and always sets out chairs for people, but when he saw my parents this year he said "come and sit here, these are reserved for you" since we sit in that spot every year. It was wonderful to have shade the entire parade especially since my babies always fall asleep, and my mom loves to hold them. After the parade it is always a dilema of what bbq to attend, but this year we went to my sister's house for a water party and T-Bone steaks :) The kids loved getting wet and sliding down the slide, then sliding ontoo the huge piece of plastic (it was an enormous slip and slide). We had a great time with my side of the family, but once again we were off for more fun.
We went to the fireworks with the Z's. We played games, catch, and talked. It was great to be with both sides of the family. The boys even loved sliding down a hill on cardboard. My sister and her kids found us, and let us use some of their boxes. It was hard to get the boys away, but the fireworks were starting!
After the fireworks we always go to Kellen's parents for our own firework show. The boys love picking out what ones to light, and they love sparklers.

I am so thankful that we live in this amazing country. I love celebrating this holiday, and I am so grateful to the men and women who are fighting for our country. God Bless America!!
I am working on the last part of our fun, so stay tuned! :)

5 comments:

Bartons said...

I am so glad you guys came, WE had a good time. Thanks for spending time with us. Taylor is already making plans for next year, so I hope this is a tradition for every year.

Kate Call said...

there is nothing like idaho falls for the 4th... reminds me of being young! i love it! we went home for the 4th too.. it always makes me kinda sad to leave! looks like you guys had a blast.

Hilarie said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad that you were able to go to IF, it really is the best place to be on the 4th!

Jessica said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It's always nice to spend time with family, especially when you live away from home!

Holly said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! IF is the best for the 4th isn't it?! LOVE IT!! :) Funny how we all do the same things for the 4th... I wish we would have met up some how. :)