Yes, it is true, I found a gray hair on my head of brown. This shouldn't come as a surprise, my sister (love ya) has had gray hairs since she was in her early twenties (or late teens?). I have had 3 kids in 4 years and 2 of them are red heads (yes, pretty much everything you hear about tempers, and attitudes are true with mine). I am 25 you know, and that means I am no longer closer to 20, I am on the downside of 30 (ugh!).
I have not died my hair since college. It was only once and my roomie Andrea colored it for me. It wasn't even that different of a color, it was a red and no one could really tell that it was different. I did have some highlights in high school when they were cool, you know, they were really blond highlights with my permed hair (all the rage :) haha) oh, if you want to see them, go here to my friend Kelie's blog, she wished me a happy birthday with my senior picture :).
My mom always told me if you pull a gray hair out, 10 more will grow in it's place, so I left it in. Now, my question is, when I get more, do I dye my hair? Do I put highlights in? I don't even know how long my extended family ladies (you know who you are) have been coloring their hair, I know it is a long time. I am sure it is spendy, and I know this is a little bit of an over-reaction but I just want to be prepared for when the day comes, I look in the mirror, and I have to do something :)!!
Wow, I know this is a random post, but it is a big day, the day no one wants to happen. The day when time shows up on your head! Well, I am off to look at it again, and decided if I am going to pull it out!
And P.S. I have a winner for my challenge that I posted awhile back, but the project is taking longer than I thought, so when it is finished (this week) I will be sure to let that person know. I just didn't want anyone to think I forgot!!
Catch-Up Photo Dump. My Babies Are So Big.
6 years ago
10 comments:
heh ehehhehe I love the thought of gray hair! My mom had gray in high school! justin has gray but I color mine all the time so I have no idea anyway! there are some people who will do your color for cheaper! I get cut and color from a friend for only35! So just look around! You may be suprised!
I'm pretty sure I probably have gray hair as well....Thank goodness for blonde hair to blend it in! I'm sure it's nothing. It's a good thing you are so dang cute, no one will even notice!
I actually have gray too, but mine has been highlighted since I can remember. The highlights help the gray blend that's for sure, but coloring is an option too if you want to keep it all dark. Coloring it all is easier to do by yourself too, it's pretty much fool proof.
That happened to me this year too Calise! Only mine are white! My only option has been to highlight and dye. Don't stress over it though you really are still young.
This just happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was sitting next to my brother when he looked at me and pulled out a BIG FAT GRAY hair. I about died when he showed me, but alas it was too late to not pull it. Oh, well. have fun with that
Oh, my dear Calise, DYE YOUR HAIR!!! I am anal about it. I don't let my roots grow out more that 1/2 inch and I am back in the chair to do it again. Yes, it's expensive, but I am worth every penny...and so are you. Get your nails done while your at it...it's great. I need to quit commenting on everyone's blogs tonight, because I am in one of my "tell it like it needs to be" moods. Love ya!
don't be afraid to just be yourself, and if that means one little gray, so be it. And if you get more the gray will just look like blond highlights from a far :)
Thanks for the comment! & one word of advice, dont plan on playing in the water! holy smokes once you stand in it, your legs are already tingling. haha, but have fun. its so beautiful there
I think they're like ants -- just kill the queen and they'll all die.
Ok, mine didn't really work that way -- so I've ruined many a towel dying my hair at home. It's not too bad -- except when your SIL, BIL, and the bishop's wife show up at your door and your hair is piled in a big goop on top of your head...
I do highlights sometimes but they're just so expensive to keep up so then I just Herbal Essence the whole thing. Let me know if you want a coloring party -- mine's about ready. I have soo much gray!
Oh my sweet friend Calise! I have had gray hair since I was 18! You made it half way through your 20s without any! I am so proud of you ;) And since I am turing 27 in a matter of days, please dont say you are on the downside to 30! haha. How depressing!
Post a Comment