Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

How blessed am I to have a wonderful mother! She has always taken care of me, loved me no matter what, and fed me in more ways that one. My mom is also a wonderful Grandmother and would do anything for all of us. This year for Christmas, my mom gave all of the 15 grandkids the present that keeps on giving- pillowcases for every month. She sews all of them and sends them to us. When we got our next set for this month my boys jumped for joy because they love seeing the fabric that grandma picks, and in the package was one of my favorite things- Opera Creme Chocolates from Florences (a local candy shop). Now, these chocolates are not your ordinary cremes, they contain a creamy center with not 1, not 2, but 3 different flavors- Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla- (oh, I had better have one right now :) Yum-O!!-Anyway back to my great mom right?
Isn't my mom so nice? She has come to help me more than once with the kids and since I am so far behind on my scrapbooking she is planning a trip to stay for a week so she can watch the kids and I can scrapbook all day! She also cleans my whole entire house while she is here, and don't tell her but sometimes when I know she is coming, I won't clean my fridge, stove, oven etc. because I know she can and will do a better job!! I am really her baby, and she tells me I always will. I love you mom, and I wish we could be there to show you how much we really do care.


And how lucky am I to have a wonderful Mother-in-Law that I get along with, love, go shopping with, and look up too? She has always welcomed me with open arms and is always so willing to help. I could not have asked for a better MIL, and I am very blessed to have married into such a wonderful family and for her raising my best friend who the most wonderful man, husband and father.

I also have amazing sisters and sister-in-laws who are my best friends, and who teach me so much.

I hope everyone has a wonderful mother's day, and if you are not a mother- then make sure you wrap your arms around your mom and/or grandmother and tell the sweet ladies that you love them. I am grateful for you- the wonderful mother's that I know and love, for your great advice and great example. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Now relax, soak in a hot bath with bubbles, chocolate, and a good book!

3 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I love it... What would this world be like if we didn't have mothers? I don't even want to imagine it! You sound like you have just as wonderful a mother as I do!

Holly said...

Hope you had a perfect Mother's Day Calise!!

C.B. said...

What wonderful mothers you have in your life to look up to! And what a wonderful mother your children have to look up to.