Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring has sprung


This is how tired Reed was. He was on the couch at one time, but when I heard a thump, I thought he had fallen off- Nope- he was just half way off! Isn't it amazing how kids can sleep?

Yesterday we went to Pat's t-ball game and since it is April, I didn't think to bring sunblock! We are all a little pink! It has been really nice over here. This time of year makes me happy to be on this side of the state where there really is a spring! We had some friends over for dinner and a Settlers game last night so it was perfect to send the kids outside for a picnic and let the adults talk and have fun!

Also, I tried a new salad today in anticipation for summer you can check out my post here!

And one more thing, for Activity Days I want to do some sort of updating on their Faith In God award books. I know when I was in Young Womens, I sometimes dreaded the personal progress nights so I was wondering if any of you had any great ideas on how to do a fun activity and yet talk about the FIG and do some catch up! The new leader is a convert and this is her first calling so I also wanted to do some talking and learning to help her- SO- Any ideas?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally recommend checking out the Sugar Doodle website if you haven't already. They have super good ideas for church related activities. www.sugardoodle.net

Marisa said...

Calise,
That picture of Reed is hilarious!

I'm sure you're doing such a great job in Activity Days. How is it going? Don't you wish that last leader had actually kept up with their Faith in God books? Sheesh...you've got to take care of all her mess! :)

Cassi said...

Hi Calise! I wish spring would "spring" here in MN! :)
I just wanted to make sure you saw that you were tagged on the Mommy Blog! :) Can't wait to learn some fun things about you!

Michelle Hepworth said...

Calise
Where are you at? Are you still in Rexburg? If you are what the heck are we doing not hanging out? I was unpacking a box yesterday and found a picture of us that we had taken at the mall in one of them booth things! I kept it for that long! It make me laugh a little. Let me know! Michelle

Liz&Bryan said...

Calise..I just wanted to let you know I stumbled upon your blog(It's Liz Durtschi now Butikofer) Your family is adorable!I just started blogging and am having fun getting in touch with so many people. You'll have to check out my family blog it's a work in progress. www.thebryanlizbutikoferfam.blogspot.com It looks like your doing well being a mom and enjoying it!!!Keep in touch!

Kristin said...

What it do Zollingers. You need a picture of me even though I'm not a Zollinger. It'll make you pretty popular when people find out that you not only know me, but are part of my family too.

Garret