

We love to think of this day as "Patrick's Day". Pat loves to see his name everywhere and he even wears his green shirt for about a week before. We love having green punch, green eggs, green candy, and making green sugar cookies. They are in the oven now and we are very excited to frost them! I also want to make some green popcorn for F.H.E. tonight I love to make kool-aid corn:
1 pkg. kool-aid (we like black cherry or grape the best)
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. white corn syrup
1 cube butter
Mix all those together in a saucepan and boil until sugar is dissolved, pour over a big bowl of popcorn.
To make it green we use food coloring (I like to use Wilton's because it is a nicer color) The black cherry is the easiest to turn green but it uses a lot of food coloring!
I hope you all have a great day!
1 pkg. kool-aid (we like black cherry or grape the best)
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. white corn syrup
1 cube butter
Mix all those together in a saucepan and boil until sugar is dissolved, pour over a big bowl of popcorn.
To make it green we use food coloring (I like to use Wilton's because it is a nicer color) The black cherry is the easiest to turn green but it uses a lot of food coloring!
I hope you all have a great day!
4 comments:
OH! We made this same popcorn! :) Great minds think alike! lol. Hope you had a great day! I didn't dare go all out, with all the green food, I thought Brookie might think it was gross. haha. You are such a fun mom!
Way cute.. I went as far as green cupcakes but that popcorn sounds like divinity! I love getting new recipes, I can't wait to try it!
Talk about being a fun Mom - look at you! I love holidays! Great ideas!
Kari
This is a favorite childhood treat of mine...makes me want to make some right now
Post a Comment