Well, I just got home from my 2nd Activity Days with the 16 8-11 year old girls in my ward. They have so much energy and I love it, but they wear me out! I usually over plan so that there is no time for them to act up- they love to talk and I have to keep their attention at all times. We played get to know you games tonight and I have enjoyed getting to know them. I am having a little bit of a hard time scaling things down from the mia-maids (14-16yrs) from my last calling as 1st councelor in the yw, to this age group. I know there are a few bloggers who have this calling and I was hoping for a little help with some creative activities. I want to have a theme each month that we plan the activities around and I want it to be a theme from the Faith in God booklet, but I am not exactly sure what to do? If anyone has ideas- let me know. I need all the help I can get. I have recently purchased this book:

And it has been helpful, but I am still hoping for some inspriation about themes for the activites.
Don't you just love the youth? They just love having fun, and they are always quick to make me laugh. I am really enjoying my calling and these girls- one of them actually drew me a picture tonight- they are so very sweet. They brighten my day!
2 comments:
You are a wonderful teacher and they are lucky to have you teaching them!!! Girls are great but very energetic!! It sounds like you have a good time though!! I will pop some ideas by when I think of a few!!!
I wish I could give you some sort of advice, but I haven't even been to one activity yet. I haven't a clue what to expect. The other leaders already have the next two months planned so I lucked out! Let me know if anyone gives you advice!!
Post a Comment